The long-anticipated Manitoba Seed Kit, created by Agriculture in the Classroom – Manitoba (AITC-M), is jam-packed with fun and interactive ways to learn about crops and seeds common to the province. The new agriculture learning kit is launching in classes across the province this week.
“This kit is absolutely incredible,” says Sue Clayton, AITC-M’s Executive Director. “We are beyond thrilled to send these to teachers and we can’t wait to see them in action!”
The kit features seeds from 15 prominent Manitoba crops, as well as a video and a variety of hands-on activities for students to do in the classroom.
ORDERING A KIT
All the Manitoba Seed Kits for the 2021-22 school year were for grades 3-6 teachers who registered for Canadian Agriculture Literacy Month 2022. We are making more seed kits to fill new orders in the Fall of 2022. We will be taking orders again in the fall. We expect these to go really quick, so please sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of any page on our website) to be the first to know when we start taking orders. In the meantime, please check out our other resources and programs.
Seed Kit contents:
- 5 - 15 Seed Pots (Seeds: canola, alfalfa, barley, wheat, timothy, soybeans, corn, sunflower, oats, wild rice, yellow peas, flax, hemp, perennial ryegrass, pinto beans)
- A Teacher Guide
- 5 - Seed Classification Posters
- 15 - “Which Crop Am I?” mini posters
- 5 - Crop station mini posters
- 1 - Mystery crop card
- Video – It All Starts with a Seed (can watch on our YouTube )
- Book - It All Starts With a Seed (EN/FR)
The Manitoba Seed Kit was made possible by the following sponsors: